|
 |
|
 |
|
JUKHTAKVANK and MOTOSAVANK |
|
 |
|
 |
|
Êàòåãîðèÿ: Itineraries |
Íîâîñòü îò: admin | 15.03.2007, 04:52
.jpg)
Monastery Jukhtakvank (Pair monastery) is not far from Dilijan town. It was constructed on the picturesque glade surrounded with woody slopes from all parts. The name of church originated from the quantity of churches in ensemble- jukht (pair). It is ST. GRIGOR and ASTVATSATSIN.
Church ASTVATSATSIN (VIRGIN) was constructed in 1201. This is a rectangular premise with vaulted covering under the gable roof, laid out with yellow stones. On the walls of the church remain many inscriptions . Another name of this church - temple ST. PETROS was mentioned on one of them.
Church SURB GRIGOR is a central dome building with four arches leaning on wall columns. This medium size building is laid of hewed stones. Its vestries are decorated with skilfully executed bas-reliefs notable for their good taste and perfection of performance. Church ST. GRIGOR was constructed earlier than ST. ASTVATSATSIN.
Below, in the gorge of the river Bldanchay, gushes out mineral spring "ttu- jur" (sour water). Right opposite the Jukhtakvank, on the other slope of the gorge, there is one more architectural complex - MOTOSAVANK. However to find Motosavank, despite simple orientation, it is rather difficult, as the high grass at the full height of the person and thrickets of a bush surrounding monuments with a dense wall, reliably hide it from extraneous eyes..jpg)
MOTOSAVANK consists of adjoining to each other churches comprising vestibule and book-repositories. Near to the complex there is a cemetery. The church was constructed in 1205 from rough hewed stones. This is a small construction covered with arch. On the front stone is engraved the inscription about the foundation of church . On both sides of the entrance in a wall the cross-stones were fixed.
A vestibule adjoins to the western part of the church. This is a square premise with vaulted covering. The walls were constructed from roughly hewed stones, internal ones - were plastered. It is illuminated through a single window in the western wall. Some tombstones were immured in a floor.
From the south the book-repository adjoins to the side-chapel. This is a small premise with a vaulted covering. In the east wall there is a separate entrance. On the southern wall there are windows. The ruins of church, vestibule, libraries have survived.
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
 |
|
|
Ñ÷¸ò÷èê |
 |
|
|
Ïí: |
108 |
Âò: |
88 |
Ñð: |
203 |
×ò: |
98 |
Ïò: |
187 |
Ñá: |
71 |
Âñ: |
66 |
Âñåãî: |
597372 |
Ðåêîðä: |
1604 |
OnLine: |
35 |
|
 |
|
|